WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 300 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our ACETATE auctions ►Our TEST PRESSING auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· BOB DYLAN - HIGHWAY 61 REVISITED - ORIGINAL 1965 COLUMBIA STEREO LP CS-9189
· ORIGINAL US PRESSING
*** STILL SEALED GUARANTEED ORIGINAL FIRST PRESSING ***
· GUARANTEED ORIGINAL RED & WHITE “360 STEREO” COLUMBIA LABEL
· THE THICKNESS OF THE VINYL, THE APPEARANCE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE COVER, LABEL’S LOGO AND OTHER PERIPHERAL ELEMENTS OF THE COVER, ARE ALL PERFECTLY CONSISTENT WITH THE ORIGINAL, FIRST PRESSING OF THIS TITLE.
· TWO “BREATHE” (AIR) HOLES NOTED ON THE SHRINK WRAP
· THIS BEING A STILL SEALED ORIGINAL STEREO PRESSING OF THIS ALBUM, IT IS POSSIBLE – BY NO MEANS CERTAIN, BUT CERTAINLY POSSIBLE – THAT YOU WILL FIND AN ULTRA-RARE ALTERNATE PRESSING / MISPRESSING OF THE ALBUM , WITH MATRIX NUMBER IN TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) ON SIDE 1 ENDING WITH "-1",WHICH HAS A DIFFERENT, LONGER, VERSION OF “FROM A BUICK SIX” WITH EXTENDED HARMONICA INTRO (ACTUALLY, AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT VERSION OF THE SONG ALTOGETHER!); ALTERNATE VERSIONS OF THIS ALBUM ONLY EXISTS AS STEREO PRESSINGS; NO ALTERNATE VERSIONS HAVE EVER BEEN FOUND IN MONO!!!) WE ESTIMATE THE ODDS OF THIS BEING A RARE “ALTERNATE” VERSION OF HIGHWAY 61 REVISTED AS ABOUT 10-20%
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· COVER HAS A NIFTY “HYPE” STICKER STILL AFFIXED TO THE WRAP.
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· VERY THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· THICK CARDBOARD COVER, AMERICAN STYLE
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
Taking the first, electric side of Bringing It All Back Home to its logical conclusion, Bob Dylan hired a full rock & roll band, featuring guitarist Michael Bloomfield, for Highway 61 Revisited. Opening with the epic "Like a Rolling Stone," Highway 61 Revisited careens through nine songs that range from reflective folk-rock ("Desolation Row") and blues ("It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry") to flat-out garage rock ("Tombstone Blues," "From a Buick 6," "Highway 61 Revisited"). Dylan had not only changed his sound, but his persona, trading the folk troubadour for a streetwise, cynical hipster. Throughout the album, he embraces druggy, surreal imagery, which can either have a sense of menace or beauty, and the music reflects that, jumping between soothing melodies to hard, bluesy rock. And that is the most revolutionary thing about Highway 61 Revisited -- it proved that rock & roll needn't be collegiate and tame in order to be literate, poetic, and complex.
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW BY STEPHEN THOMAS ERLEWINE, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
This is the Mount Everest of Rock & Roll. The towering mountaintop of modern American music.
For its extraordinary contribution to the modern music, superb production, craftsmanship, fine musicianship, revolutionary significance and influence it exerted on numerous generations of musicians, writers and general public, or for some other innate quality, this album was voted one of top-200 albums of all time in one of the largest poll of critics, music reviewers, professionals and producers ever organized: the poll, which was conducted by Paul Gambaccini, legendary BBC Radio A&R man, surveyed more than 50 top music professionals (including Roy Carr, Jonathan Cott, Robert Christgau, Cameron Crowe, Chet Flippo, Ben Fong-Torres, Charlie Gillett, Greil Marcus, Murray the K., Lenny Kaye, Bruce Morrow (a/k/a "Cousin Brucie"), Tim Rice (of "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "Evita" fame), Lisa Robinson, Robert Shelton (who wrote liner notes for Bob Dylan's first album), Ed Ward, Joel Whitburn, Pete Wingfield, etc.). For more details, see: "Critics Choice: Top-200 albums" compiled by Paul Gambaccini, Omnibus Press, Library of Congress Catalog No.7855565 (or ► click here for the complete album listing)
STILL SEALED ORIGINAL PRESSING OF ‘HIGHWAY 61 REVISITED’? HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ONE? DO YOU KNOW OF ANYONE WHO DID? HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF ANYONE WHO HAS ONE? – NEITHER DID WE!!! WE WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF THIS IS THE LAST REMAINING COPY ON THE PLANET. HEED OUR ADVICE: BID ON THIS PIECE LEST YOU LOSE YOUR PEACE!
“And the only sound that's left
After this STILL SEALED copy’s gone
Is Cinderella weeping her brains out
On Desolation Row”
(with apologies from one Bob D. to another for a painfully belabored pun)
If this is of any relevance (and we do not claim that it is) "Highway 61 Revisited"is an important entry in our personal top-50 favorite album list. Other entries- in no particular order- include Otis Redding, Love, Sam Cooke, Jimi Hendrix, Velvet Underground, The Stooges, Bob Marley & The Wailers, Frank Zappa , CAN, Muddy Waters and others)
For additional historical or discography information on this album, including track listing ►click here
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ► CLICK HERE
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE ALBUM IS STILL FACTORY SEALED AND IS BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records ►click here (PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING A BID).