WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 300 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our ACETATE auctions ►Our TEST PRESSING auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· LINDA PERHACS – PARALLELOGRAMS – ORIGINAL 1970 KAPP RECORDS STEREO LP KS-3636
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
*** INSANELY RARE STILL SEALED GUARANTEED ORIGINAL FIRST PRESSING ***
· BELIEVED TO BE PRESSED ON THE ORIGINAL ORANGE, PINK AND YELLOW KAPP LABEL , SUCH AS THE ONE SHOWN BELOW, FROM OUR PREVIOUS AUCTION
· BOTH ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES AND THE PRODUCTION STAMPERS OF THIS TITLE HAVE BEEN LOST AND MISSING FOR DECADES (WORD HAS IT THAT SUNDAZED MANAGED TO LOCATE THE MISSING TAPES IN 2009). TO REISSUE THIS ALBUM ON CD IN 2003, ‘WILD PLACES’ LABEL HAD TO RELY ON LINDA PERHACS’ PERSONAL REEL-TO-REEL TAPES. THE CD MASTERING WAS MADE FROM THESE REEL TAPES BY USING EXTENSIVE DIGITAL RESTORATION AND “BAKING”, WHICH DOES NOT DO JUSTICE TO THE ORIGINAL RECORDING (ALTHOUGH THE BIDDERS SHOULD NOTE THAT SOME LIGHT SURFACE NOISE IS PRESENT ON EACH AND EVERY COPY OF THIS ALBUM WE HAVE HEARD SO FAR).
· NOTE: WHILE THE BLACK LABEL PRESSING OF THIS TITLE DOES, IN FACT, EXIST, TECHNICALLY IT IS NOT A FIRST PRESSING BUT RATHER A MISPRESSING, SINCE KAPP LABEL ABANDONED BLACK LABELS ABOUT SIX MONTHS BEFORE THE PINK AND ORANGE LABEL WAS INTRODUCED. THE LABELS INSIDE OF THIS STILL SEALED COPY MAY BE EITHER VARIETY, ALTHOUGH MORE LIKELY TO BE A PINK VERSION
· THE THICKNESS OF THE VINYL, THE APPEARANCE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE COVER, LABEL’S LOGO AND OTHER PERIPHERAL ELEMENTS OF THE COVER, ARE ALL PERFECTLY CONSISTENT WITH THE ORIGINAL, FIRST PRESSING OF THIS TITLE.
· TWO “BREATHE” (AIR) HOLES NOTED ON THE SHRINK WRAP
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
The history of rock music is filled with one-hit wonders and debut albums left without a follow-up. Most of those just had the fate they deserved, some were the results of early disbanding or mismanagement. Linda Perhacs' Parallelograms belongs to none of those categories. The singer/songwriter spent all her inspiration on this gem, simple as that. It sits there on the shelf, a life's compendium, stunning in its beauty and the fact that no later albums can frame it in a historical context, or diminish its impact. Softer, less declamatory than Joan Baez, more daring than Joni Mitchell, Perhacs' songs are psychedelic on a daily, domestic basis. Originally released in 1970, the album had been lifted from the LP and reissued on CD by The Wild Places in 1996. Informed by the female singer/songwriters of the late '60s, and the sonic experiments of the West Coast psychedelic scene (just listen to the title track, its abstract lyrics and beautiful, intertwined atonal melodies), Perhacs has created 40 minutes of music out of time.
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW BY FRANCOIS COITURE, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
Obscure psychedelic folk singer Linda Perhacs released her only album Parallelograms in 1970 on Kapp. Combining fragile and beautifully melodic acid folk with perfectly-rendered electronic effects, this remarkable album consists of what its creator describes as ‘visual music’. Parallelograms has gone on to become one of the most legendary and well-loved recordings of its time.
We could talk about Joni Mitchell and the likes if we had to compare with anything, but fans of folk music in all its variety must be delighted with this amazing album, a truly hippie psychedelic folk masterpiece and without any doubt one of the top albums of the genre. Finding a still sealed original copy?!?! Forget it – not even a HOPE!!! This may be the last one you will ever see.
1. Chimacum Rain
2. Paper Mountain Man
4. Call of the River
5. Sandy Toes
7. Hey, Who Really Cares
8. Moons and Cattails
9. Morning Colors
10. Porcelain Baked Cast Iron Wedding
For additional historical information on this album, including track listing ►click here
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE ALBUM IS STILL FACTORY SEALED AND IS BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records ►click here (PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING A BID).
(b) The record is apparently pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the so