WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 1,000 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE – AXIS: BOLD AS LOVE – ORIGINAL BRITISH MONO PRESSING - ORIGINAL BRITISH MONO MIX, DIFFERENT FROM THE U.S. MONO MIX – ORIGINAL 1967 TRACK RECORDS MONO LP 612003
· ULTRA RARE ORIGINAL BRITISH MONO PRESSING
· MONSTROUSLY RARE MONO PRESSING, MANY TIMES RARER THAN STEREO
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, BRITISH MONO MIX (WITHOUT REVERB AND ECHO, WHICH WERE ADDED TO THE U.S. VERSION OF THE ALBUM FOR ADDED PSYCHEDELIC EFFECT; BRITISH MONO MIX IS IDENTICAL TO THE CANADIAN MIX, BUT DIFFERENT FROM AMERICAN)
· ORIGINAL FLAT (NON-GLOSSY) BLACK TRACK LABEL WITH SILVER PRINT
· INCLUDES RIDICULOUSLY RARE BRITISH-ONLY POSTER OF THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST BRITISH PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL GATEFOLD COVER (THIS IS A DISTINCT BRITISH GATEFOLD ARTWORK WHICH IS SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE FOUND ON U.S. OR CANADIAN VERSIONS AND CONTAINS DESCRIPTION OF JIMI HENDRIX'S FACIAL FEATURES WE CAN ONLY CHARACTERIZE AS PROFOUNDLY IDIOTIC; NO WONDER THIS WAS DELETED FROM ALL SUBSEQUENT REISSUES)
· ORIGINAL LAMINATED COVER
· ORIGINAL ERNEST J. DAY & CO. LTD COVER.
· BEAUTIFUL, WEAR-FREE LABELS
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· MACHINE-STAMPED MATRIX NUMBER IN TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) OF THE RECORD
· MATRIX NUMBER IN TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) ENDS WITH '-A1/-B1'. ON SOME LABELS, SUFFIX '–1' DENOTES THE VERY FIRST, ORIGINAL PRESSING)
· MONO version of this album has NEVER been available on legitimate Compact Disc or in any other digital format.
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
Jimi Hendrix's second album followed up his groundbreaking debut effort with a solid collection of great tunes and great interactive playing between himself, Noel Redding, Mitch Mitchell, and the recording studio itself. Wisely retaining manager Chas Chandler to produce the album and Eddie Kramer as engineer, Hendrix stretched further musically than on the first album, but even more so as a songwriter. He was still quite capable of coming up with spacy rockers like "You Got Me Floating," "Up from the Skies," and "Little Miss Lover," radio-ready to follow on the commercial heels of "Foxey Lady" and "Purple Haze." But the beautiful, wistful ballads "Little Wing," "Castles Made of Sand," "One Rainy Wish," and the title track set closer show remarkable growth and depth as a tunesmith, harnessing Curtis Mayfield soul guitar to Dylanesque lyrical imagery and Fuzz Face hyperactivity to produce yet another side to his grand psychedelic musical vision. These are tempered with Jimi's most avant-garde tracks yet, "EXP" and the proto-fusion jazz blowout of "If 6 Was 9."
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW BY THE LATE, GREAT CUB KODA, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
The historical importance of this album cannot be overestimated. Recorded almost immediately after the Hendrix's first album, "Axis" finds Jimi elaborating on his ideas previously experimented on "Are you experienced", but with much more subtlety and finesse and considerably more pronounced psychedelic "feel" (just check the cover and be instantly experienced!). Some of the most important - and beloved - Hendrix tracks are here. We have a privilege of presenting here a copy from the fast-depleting stock of mega-rare first pressings, on the original 3-color Reprise label. Track listing: EXP - Up from the skies - Spanish Castle Magic - Wait until tomorrow - Ain't no telling - Little wing - If 6 was 9 - You got me floating - Castles made of sand - She's so fine - One rainy wish - Little miss lover - Bold as love.
For its extraordinary contribution to the modern music, superb production, craftsmanship, fine musicianship, revolutionary significance and influence it exerted on numerous generations of musicians, writers and general public, or for some other innate quality, this album was voted one of top-200 albums of all time in one of the largest poll of critics, music reviewers, professionals and producers ever organized: the poll, which was conducted by Paul Gambaccini, legendary BBC Radio A&R man, surveyed more than 50 top music professionals (including Roy Carr, Jonathan Cott, Robert Christgau, Cameron Crowe, Chet Flippo, Ben Fong-Torres, Charlie Gillett, Greil Marcus, Murray the K., Lenny Kaye, Bruce Morrow (a/k/a "Cousin Brucie"), Tim Rice (of "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "Evita" fame), Lisa Robinson, Robert Shelton (who wrote liner notes for Bob Dylan's first album), Ed Ward, Joel Whitburn, Pete Wingfield, etc.). For more details, see: "Critics Choice: Top-200 albums" compiled by Paul Gambaccini, Omnibus Press, Library of Congress Catalog No.7855565 (or ►click here for the complete album listing).
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ► click here
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS STRONG NEAR MINT. The original luster is very much intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles almost like new.
(b) The record comes in the original “Made in Great Britain” poly-lined stock inner sleeve, which has - apparently with success - shielded the vinyl from the harmful impact of elements over many years!