WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 1,000 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· THE DOORS – WAITING FOR THE SUN (THE GROUP'S THIRD STUDIO ALBUM) - INSANELY RARE ORIGINAL 1967 ELEKTRA MONO LP EKL-4024
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· MONSTROUSLY RARE ORIGINAL MONO PRESSING, MANY TIMES RARER THAN STEREO
· ORIGINAL BROWN ELEKTRA LABEL, MID-TO-LATE '60s STYLE
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL UNIPAK-STYLE COVER (ONE SIDE OF THE GATEFOLD OPENS, THE OTHER ONE IS A SINGLE-PLY CARDBOARD)
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· MATRIX NUMBER IN TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) ENDS WITH '-1A/-1A'. ON SOME LABELS, SUFFIX '–1' DENOTES THE VERY FIRST, ORIGINAL PRESSING)
· MACHINE-STAMPED MATRIX NUMBER IN TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) OF THE RECORD
· MONO version of this album has NEVER been available on legitimate Compact Disc or in any other digital format.
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you’ll get. GUARANTEED!)
THIS IS BY FAR THE RAREST AMERICAN PRESSING OF ANY DOORS ALBUM; NOTHING ELSE COMES NEARLY AS CLOSE – SO RARE, IN FACT, THAT MOST COLLECTORS DO NOT EVEN REALIZE IT EXISTS, AND THOSE WHO DO USUALLY LIVE AND DIE WITHOUT EVER ACTUALLY SEEING ONE. THE BIDDERS SHOULD NOTE THAT THE ALBUM CONTAINS SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT MIXES (AND ON ONE SONG [“YES, THE RIVER KNOWS”] – EVEN A SLIGHTLY LONGER VERSION - DUE TO A LONGER FADE - THAN ON THE MORE COMMON, STEREO VERSION)
Waiting for the Sun is probably the most commercial and the best selling of all Doors' albums (with the possible exception of the first one), this great psych album works on many different levels: as a potent showcase of Jim Morrison's poetic prowess, as an exhibit of the band's musical proclivities, and, ultimately, as a great album by the great band at the very peak of their musical strength and popularity. There is hardly a bad or substandard track on this album, and we are certain that most of the Ebay visitors are already familiar with its contents.
For additional historical or discography information on this album, including track listing ►click here
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ► click here
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS STRONG VG++, just a notch below NEAR MINT. A few light abrasions (probably just sleeve scuffs inflicted in storage over the years) ARE VISIBLE, but they appear fairly insignificant relative to the overall condition of the vinyl, and are only moderately visually distracting. For most part, the vinyl looks impeccable, without any MAJOR visual flaws or imperfections. Much of the original luster is intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles almost like new.
(b) The record is pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(c) The record comes in the original stock inner sleeve.
(d) Mono pressing of this title is much rarer, and by far more preferable to its stereo counterpart. We think that the mix is more natural, humane, "organic" and that the mixes are somewhat different than on the stereo version. We estimate that stereo copies of this album outnumber mono pressings by a ratio of at least 500:1.
(e) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
THE COVER IS NICE --- ABOUT EXCELLENT OR VERY GOOD++ (VG++).
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has some light ring wear (nothing significant); On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the severity of ring wear as 2 (front side) and 3 (back side)