WE CURRENTLY HAVE NEARLY 1,000 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· ROLLING STONES (with Ry Cooder, Al Kooper, Jack Nitzsche, Doris Troy, Leon Russell, and others)– LET IT BLEED – ORIGINAL 1969 LONDON RECORDS STEREO LP NPS-4
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· *** STILL SEALED ORIGINAL LP : 100% GUARANTEED ORIGINAL FIRST PRESSING ***
· GUARANTEED ORIGINAL PRESSING ON DARK-BLUE LONDON STEREO LABEL WITH WITH “BOXED” (FRAMED) LONDON LOGO, SILVER PRINT AND “STEREOPHONIC” BANNER ACROSS THE LABEL’S CENTER (MID-TO-LATE 60’s STYLE) (NO OTHER ‘60s STEREO PRESSINGS EXIST).
· THE THICKNESS OF THE VINYL, THE APPEARANCE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE COVER, LABEL’S LOGO AND OTHER PERIPHERAL ELEMENTS OF THE COVER, ARE ALL PERFECTLY CONSISTENT WITH THE ORIGINAL, FIRST PRESSING OF THIS TITLE.
· TO THE BEST OF OUR KNOWLEDGE, THIS IS THE ONLY ALBUM ON WHICH THE GROUP FEATURES FOUR (4) LEAD AND/OR RHYTHM GUITARISTS: BRIAN JONES, KEITH RICHARD, MICK TAYLOR AND RY COODER. RUMOURS HAVE IT THAT ERIC CLAPTON LENT HIS SERVICES AS WELL, BUT THIS COULD NOT BE CONFIRMED AND IS PROBABLY ONLY A RED HERRING.
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· BELIEVED TO INCLUDE ORIGINAL PINK INNER SLEEVE DOUBLING AS LYRICS SHEET SUCH AS THE ONE SHOWN BELOW, FROM OUR PREVIOUS AUCTION (WE CAN SEE IT THROUGH THE OPENING SLOT)
· ALSO BELIEVED TO INCLUDE LARGE ORIGINAL POSTER OF THE BAND, SUCH AS THE ONE SHOWN BELOW, ALSO FROM OUR PREVIOUS AUCTION (WE ARE NOT ENTIRELY CERTAIN AND WE CANNOT GUARANTEE)
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· FAIRLY THICK VINYL PRESSING On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the thickness of the vinyl as 7.
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
Mostly recorded without Brian Jones — who died several months before its release (although he does play on two tracks) and was replaced by Mick Taylor (who also plays on just two songs) — this extends the rock and blues feel of Beggars Banquet into slightly harder-rocking, more demonically sexual territory. The Stones were never as consistent on album as their main rivals, the Beatles, and Let It Bleed suffers from some rather perfunctory tracks, like "Monkey Man" and a countrified remake of the classic "Honky Tonk Woman" (here titled "Country Honk"). Yet some of the songs are among their very best, especially "Gimme Shelter," with its shimmering guitar lines and apocalyptic lyrics; the harmonica-driven "Midnight Rambler"; the druggy party ambience of the title track; and the stunning "You Can't Always Get What You Want," which was the Stones' "Hey Jude" of sorts, with its epic structure, horns, philosophical lyrics, and swelling choral vocals. "You Got the Silver" (Keith Richards' first lead vocal) and Robert Johnson's "Love in Vain," by contrast, were as close to the roots of acoustic down-home blues as the Stones ever got.
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW BY RICHIE UNTERBERGER, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
One of the greatest Stones albums (many would argue: the greatest one) is presented here in the condition that can't be beat: STILL SEALED. Don’t miss out on this one: LET IT BID
For its extraordinary contribution to the modern music, superb production, craftsmanship, fine musicianship, revolutionary significance and influence it exerted on numerous generations of musicians, writers and general public, or for some other innate quality, this album was voted one of top-200 albums of all time in one of the largest poll of critics, music reviewers, professionals and producers ever organized: the poll, which was conducted by Paul Gambaccini, legendary BBC Radio A&R man, surveyed more than 50 top music professionals (including Roy Carr, Jonathan Cott, Robert Christgau, Cameron Crowe, Chet Flippo, Ben Fong-Torres, Charlie Gillett, Greil Marcus, Murray the K., Lenny Kaye, Bruce Morrow (a/k/a "Cousin Brucie"), Tim Rice (of "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "Evita" fame), Lisa Robinson, Robert Shelton (who wrote liner notes for Bob Dylan's first album), Ed Ward, Joel Whitburn, Pete Wingfield, etc.). For more details, see: "Critics Choice: Top-200 albums" compiled by Paul Gambaccini, Omnibus Press, Library of Congress Catalog No.7855565 (or ►click here for the complete album listing).
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ► CLICK HERE
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE ALBUM IS STILL FACTORY SEALED AND IS BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records ►click here (PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING A BID).
(a) The album may or may not come with its original poster still intact (we do not know for sure).
(b) The record comes in its original, custom, inner sleeve, which is UNIQUE to this album.
(c) The record is apparently pressed on a RELATIVELY thick, inflexible vinyl. This is NOT a thin, flimsy ('dynaflex' type), vinyl, but not the thickest, most rigid vinyl, either.
(d) US Mono pressings of this album are NOT known to exist.
(e) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!