WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 600 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· BOB DYLAN - THE FREEWHEELIN' BOB DYLAN (BOB DYLAN'S SECOND ALBUM) – ORIGINAL 1963 COLUMBIA RECORDS MONO LP CL-1986
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING (SECOND VERSION OF THE ALBUM WITH FOUR REPLACEMENT TRACKS, WHICH PLAYS FOUR REPLACEMENT TRACKS: GIRL FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY; MASTERS OF WAR. BOB DYLAN'S DREAM AND TALKING WORLD WAR III BLUES)
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
*** STILL SEALED GUARANTEED ORIGINAL FIRST MONO PRESSING ***
· *** STILL SEALED ORIGINAL 1963 LP (THE RECORD IS STILL SEALED IN ITS ORIGINAL, PERFORATED PLASTIC "BAGGY" AND HAS BEEN TOTALLY UNTOUCHED IN MORE THAN HALF A CENTURY, HOWEVER THE COVER HAS BEEN OPENED)
· ORIGINAL RED & BLACK COLUMBIA "GUARANTEED FIDELITY" MONO LABEL, EARLY 60’s STYLE
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST OFFICIAL U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· CLEAN (LITERALLY: UNTOUCHED), WEAR-FREE LABELS
· MACHINE-STAMPED MATRIX NUMBER IN TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) OF THE RECORD
· MATRIX NUMBER IN TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) ENDS WITH '-3L/-2H'.
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· MONO version of this album has NEVER been available on legitimate stand-alone Compact Disc, although it was recently released as a part of the 9-CD Dylan Mono Box Set .
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
It's hard to overestimate the importance of The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan, the record that firmly established Dylan as an unparalleled songwriter, one of considerable skill, imagination, and vision. At the time, folk had been quite popular on college campuses and bohemian circles, making headway onto the pop charts in diluted form, and while there certainly were a number of gifted songwriters, nobody had transcended the scene as Dylan did with this record. There are a couple (very good) covers, with "Corrina Corrina" and "Honey Just Allow Me One More Chance," but they pale with the originals here. At the time, the social protests received the most attention, and deservedly so, since "Blowin' in the Wind," "Masters of War," and "A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall" weren't just specific in their targets; they were gracefully executed and even melodic. Although they've proven resilient throughout the years, if that's all Freewheelin' had to offer, it wouldn't have had its seismic impact, but this also revealed a songwriter who could turn out whimsy ("Don't Think Twice, It's All Right"), gorgeous love songs ("Girl From the North Country"), and cheerfully absurdist humor ("Bob Dylan's Blues," "Bob Dylan's Dream") with equal skill. This is rich, imaginative music, capturing the sound and spirit of America as much as that of Louis Armstrong, Hank Williams, or Elvis Presley. Dylan, in many ways, recorded music that equaled this, but he never topped it.
For additional historical or discography information on this album, including track listing ►click here
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ► CLICK HERE
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE ALBUM IS STILL FACTORY SEALED IN ITS ORIGINAL PLASTIC BAGGY (TYPICALLY USED IN THE MID-60s) AND IS BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records records ►click here (PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING A BID).
(b) The record is STILL in its original inner, perforated plastic baggy (sealed).
(c) The record is pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(d) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
THE COVER IS NEAR MINT !