WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 1,000 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions
►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions
►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions
► Our JAZZ auctions
►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions
►Our BLUES auctions
►Our CLASSICAL auctions
►Our COUNTRY auctions
►Our FUNK auctions
►Our LATIN auctions
►Our METAL auctions
►Our REGGAE auctions
►Our SOUL auctions
► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS
►Our PROMO auctions
►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· PINK FLOYD – DARK SIDE OF THE MOON – ORIGINAL 1982 MOBILE FIDELITY (MFSL) ULTRA-HIGH-QUALITY (UHQR) 'ORIGINAL MASTERS' AUDIOPHILE, EXTENDED DYNAMIC RANGE VIRGIN VINYL LP MFQR-1-100
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
*** INSANELY RARE STILL SEALED GUARANTEED ORIGINAL FIRST PRESSING ***
· LIMITED (PROBABLY HAND-NUMBERED ON THE INSIDE) EDITION – THIS ONE IS ONE OF ABOUT 1,000-2,000 KNOWN UHQR COPIES
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· BELIEVED TO BE PRESSED ON THE ORIGINAL METALLIC-GRAY UHQR LABEL WITH BLACK PRINT (NO OTHER LABELS EXIST)
· ORIGINAL 1-INCH THICK CARDBOARD BOX
· THE RECORD IS (APPARENTLY, LIKE ALL OTHER UHQR TITLES) PRESSED ON 200-gram, 2mm THICK VINYL
· THE ALBUM IS BELIEVED TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
(1) EXTERNAL CARDBOARD BOX
(2) ELABORATE SPONGE PADDING
(3) GEODISC CALIBRATION DEVICE
(4) CERTIFICATE OF LIMITED EDITION
(5) MFSL-STYLE HI-GRADE PVC INNER SLEEVE
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST (AND ONLY) U.S. UHQR PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· THE THICKNESS OF THE VINYL, THE APPEARANCE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE COVER, LABEL’S LOGO AND OTHER PERIPHERAL ELEMENTS OF THE COVER, ARE ALL PERFECTLY CONSISTENT WITH THE ORIGINAL, FIRST PRESSING OF THIS TITLE.
· TWO “BREATHE” (AIR) HOLES NOTED ON THE SHRINK WRAP
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
The until-recently-defunct "Mobile Fidelity Labs" audiophile album vinyl pressings were not only analogue, audiophile masterpieces and connoisseur delights, they have become true pieces of audio history and lore. These majestic recordings received a meticulous and laborious treatment like no other recordings in the entire history of the recorded sound. They are characterized by the massively extended dynamic and frequency range, mastering from the very first generation of original master tapes, almost compulsive attention paid to the detail and integrity of the pressing, and the highest quality of the material (only the "virgin-", audiophile-grade vinyl was used, and most of the titles were pressed by RCA/Victor and/or Warner-Pioneer corporations of Japan, both known for their near-obsessive attention paid to the fine sonic detail and audio craftsmanship); a special proprietary technology was used to achieve analogue-like, warm, translucent, radiant, vivid and all-encompassing sound. To this day, many of these recordings remain unsurpassed, delivering music reproduction as close to the actual recording session as possible, without any loss of musical information inherent in the standard practice of mastering from the inferior "production" copies. EVER SINCE THE MOBILE FIDELITY SOUND LABS TEMPORARILY CLOSED IN DECEMBER OF 1999 (ONLY TO REOPEN IN 2003), THESE RECORDINGS HAVE BEEN ESCALATING IN VALUE AND DEMAND. This is a rare opportunity to acquire this great album in its FINEST audio format, no longer in print, and no longer easily obtainable.
This is a rare opportunity to acquire this great album in its FINEST audio format, no longer in print, and no longer easily obtainable. Finding a still sealed original UHQR copy?!?! Forget it – not even a HOPE!!! This may be the last one you will ever see.
By condensing the sonic explorations of Meddle to actual songs and adding a lush, immaculate production to their trippiest instrumental sections, Pink Floyd inadvertently designed their commercial breakthrough with Dark Side of the Moon. The primary revelation of Dark Side of the Moon is what a little focus does for the band. Roger Waters wrote a series of songs about mundane, everyday details which aren't that impressive by themselves, but when given the sonic backdrop of Floyd's slow, atmospheric soundscapes and carefully placed sound effects, they achieve an emotional resonance. But what gives the album true power is the subtly textured music, which evolves from ponderous, neo-psychedelic art rock to jazz fusion and blues-rock before turning back to psychedelia. It's dense with detail, but leisurely paced, creating its own dark, haunting world. Pink Floyd may have better albums than Dark Side of the Moon, but no other record defines them quite as well as this one.
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW BY STEPHEN THOMAS ERLEWINE, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
For its extraordinary contribution to the modern music, superb production, craftsmanship, fine musicianship, revolutionary significance and influence it exerted on numerous generations of musicians, writers and general public, or for some other innate quality, this album was voted one of top-200 albums of all time in one of the largest poll of critics, music reviewers, professionals and producers ever organized: the poll, which was conducted by Paul Gambaccini, legendary BBC Radio A&R man, surveyed more than 50 top music professionals (including Roy Carr, Jonathan Cott, Robert Christgau, Cameron Crowe, Chet Flippo, Ben Fong-Torres, Charlie Gillett, Greil Marcus, Murray the K., Lenny Kaye , Bruce Morrow (a/k/a "Cousin Brucie"), Tim Rice (of "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "Evita" fame), Lisa Robinson, Robert Shelton (who wrote liner notes for Bob Dylan's first album), Ed Ward, Joel Whitburn, Pete Wingfield, etc.). For more details, see: "Critics Choice: Top-200 albums" compiled by Paul Gambaccini, Omnibus Press, Library of Congress Catalog No.7855565 (or ► click here
for the complete album listing)
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ► CLICK HERE
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE ALBUM IS STILL FACTORY SEALED AND IS BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records ►click here (PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING A BID)
(b) The album is believed to come with the original UHQR certificate of authenticity, sponge padding, MFSL catalog insert, geodisc calibration tool advertisement and all other extras that usually accompany UHQR pressings.
(c) The record is pressed on a beautiful, high-quality, virgin-grade vinyl, which is usually used for audiophile, extended-dynamic-range, half-speed mastered and connoisseur pressings.
(d) Also, the record is DEFINITELY pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(e) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
· COVER (1-inch thick cardboard box)
THE BOX IS NEAR MINT, STILL SEALED AND COVERED IN ITS ORIGINAL ►SHRINK WRAP'; (A PIECE OF SHRINK WRAP IS MISSING ON THE FRONT SIDE))
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- The box has a small print abrasion (surface layer of the silver print has peeled off on a small section of the top seam, about 3/4 square inch in size); if the buyer finds it bothersome (we think it is only a minor flaw), the spot can be easily camouflaged by using a silver marker. PLEASE NOTE: only the surface layer (print) has eroded; the paper slick is in place, and unaffected)
- Minor shelf wear noted on the spine (nothing significant)
- Cover has one corner slightly worn (nothing significant)
- Cover has JUST A HINT of ring wear in one small area not covered by the shrink wrap (nothing significant); On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the severity of ring wear as 1.
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE BOX:
- No split seams
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No saw-marks or indents